Friday, October 22, 2010

Robin Thicke at the Grand Opening of the Hollywood Hardrock

I have to give some background about how I became such a huge fan of Robin Thicke. I started to really get into his music last January when I was stuck trying to sleep on the Lazy Boy because of my shoulder surgery. I spent countless sleepless nights with his playlist on my ipod. I have truly never really been a very big fan of any singer before. In fact I usually get sick of an album or song after just a few times hearing it, especially once I buy it and the novelty of trying to find it on the radio wears off. I couldn't believe that I never tired of his music. He really is so talented! He has several different sounds and his lyrics really hit home with me, especially his first 3 albums. So I bought tickets to his April concert with Alicia Keys in LA. As we were driving down we heard he cancelled his show because his wife gave birth to their baby boy nearly 2 months early. I had never been so disappointed about something like that and I couldn't get it out of my head how bad I wanted to go see him perform. So for 7 months I have been checking his blog and the internet for a local show. He hasn't done any public shows in this area that the public could buy tickets to. I found out there was an exclusive, private, red carpet VIP only concert for the opening of the HardRock Cafe. I had to go! I won't shame myself by admitting how many people I called and emailed that had some connection to the event trying to figure out how to get in. Every one told me there was NO way and that it was by invitation only. I wouldn't give up, so a few weeks before the show I talked and emailed a sponsoring foundations coordinator. 2 nights before the show this sweet woman called me back to tell me she could put us on the VIP guest list. I don't think this lady will ever realize how happy she made me!
Todd and I walked the red carpet pretending to fulfill our "VIP" status.
Before the show started Robin was just hanging out in the lounge. I mustered the courage to approach him. I had come so far I couldn't not go for the gold, right? I can't possibly remember all the idiotic rambling I did, but I remember telling him how nice his teeth were. How dorky am I? I told him how bummed we were to miss his concert back in April. Todd snapped a photo after probably a full minute of conversation I couldn't be held responsible for.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: