We ( just me and the girls ) took a trip to go visit Emily out in Kansas. My parents had planned a trip so I tagged along. Who wants to be alone on the plane with a one year old that reacted opposite to the way Benadryl is supposed to work? The best part of the trip was Jane and Michael. He is her cousin that claims he "only makes BAD choices with Jane". I will share a few of the mayhem stories that was this duo. The pictures below were after a basement ransac that included dumping out the older girls jewelry beads all over the basement. We needed to find a safe place where they couldn't make a mess. The only thing on the deck was the BBQ and the deck is fully fenced in, no way out. We checked on them a short while later and they had stripped and dumped out the entire huge bag of charcoal, half on the deck and half thrown and scattered in the grass below.

Jane looks really apologetic doesn't she?
Thanks to Grandma for helping them clean it up
Jane looks really apologetic doesn't she?
The next picture came after a sequence of potty training mishaps. One good thing is that Jane watched how Michael didn't need help in the bathroom. She learned to shut the door on me and tell me she wants to do it all by herself. I trusted her which was my mistake. A few minutes later we realized Michael had joined her in the bathroom and this is what we find. They had dumped the entire bottle of handsoap into the toilet and unravelled a roll of toilet paper. They found the plunger and decided to somehow cover the entire bathroom floor to ceiling with wet soapy water. I must say I am glad all this happened at Emily's house and not mine. The kids averaged 3 baths and 4 changes of clothes per day. Even though we witnessed smashing Emily's newly planted garden, drawing on rental cars, pooping at many various locations, sidewalk chalk everywhere but the sidewalk, food fights, stripping and streaking, ringing neighbors doorbells, man I can't even write them all... we still love these little naughty kids.



1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had fun and the pictures of the kids are so cute!!!
Post a Comment