Wednesday, October 15, 2008

favorite thing

I am convinced that every child has a security item, or a favorite thing of some sort. Jane's is her silky that my cousin Lisa made for her. She sleeps, naps, plays, rides in cars, and strollers, basically has to take it everywhere. She gets quite upset when I have to take it away to wash it. There have been times where we have wondered what would happen if it got lost. How would Jane react? We were sure she would be devasted. We have also been playing hide and seek with her. It is her favorite game along with duck duck goose. (Yeah it is lame when you only play it with 2 or 3 people) The other night after a game of hide and seek I saw Jane lugging around her blanket, which was not unusual, but I usually pay attention where she leaves it so I can retrieve it for bed time. This one particular night I asked Todd to go downstairs and get the blankie. He searched but did not find it. So I went downstairs with confidence that as the ever vigilant mother that I could find it easily. Not so! We looked and looked. Finally we had to put Jane to bed without her silky. Todd was so bothered by the fact that we had just seen her before bed time lugging that thing around, that he could not sleep. He had to find it. After a combined 30 minutes of searching I had given up and gone up to bed. Todd excitedly called upstairs that I had to come and see this! I came down to Todd who had found the blankie playing hide and seek...in the bathroom garbage can.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

That's a fancy garbage can! I can't tell you how many hours of my life have been spent searching for Olivia's teddy and Caleb's puppy before bedtime. Out in the yard with flashlights and everything. Crazy kids!